Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 19:52:44 -0300
W1VE wrote: "This subject comes up about every six months on

CQ-Contest.. .I'd said it'll go 30 or 40 messages before it dies down.

Nobody will convince Paul that he is wrong.  I applaud Paul for his
stance;.."

Mike VE9AA asks: "does Paul also not use the remote control for his TV
because it's not real telly watching?"

Seriously Paul, relax..I am just joking, but it does get a little tiresome
with no new points of view, explanation of your point of view

to convince the readership or anyone engaging andyone else who might agree
with you.  You just repeat "it's not real radio" (or words to that effect)

As long as all QSO's are being made from one location and THAT location is
where the radio(s) and (all) antennas are located, what does it matter where

the operator is sitting?  Who cares if he has a 5000km path over the net to
get to his radio? That just makes it harder.

I think it's so cool for guys like the W4AAW team (and countless others) to
dial in from all over the country (or even world) to work a contest.. but
all the RF exits from one place in VA.

If you used 7 remotes on all continents during the same contest, then YES, I
see the problem.

It's no different than a long set of mic cords, earphone cables, etc. and
you know it. (you sure do enjoy winding up the troops though)

Mike VE9AA..who's even remoted his small stn from ~20kms away for a couple
Wednesday CWT's ! (which aren't technically contests)

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB