Re: [CQ-Contest] Multiband Antenna separation for Multiplier station...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multiband Antenna separation for Multiplier station...
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 17:42:26 -0600
There is no simple answer to this question. How much power. Where are the antennas pointing, etc.

You are asking for trouble being on the same band. You should have lockouts to make sure you both cannot be transmitting on the same band at the same time. I would also want to take the other radio receive to ground while the other radio was transmitting. You should have bandpass filters on both all radios in the contest station. That will help everyone.

The lower the freq the more separation you will need. I don't know that you can really get enough separation to guarantee a damage free operation.

CQ WW requires:

*1. Station location:* The area in which all the transmitters, receivers and antennas are located. All transmitters and receivers must be within a single 500-meter diameter circle. Antennas must be physically connected by RF transmission lines to the transmitters and receivers.

So 500M is my answer :).

I have no idea why you would want to use your 2nd transmitter on the same band as the 1st.

*2. Two Transmitters (MULTI-TWO):* A maximum of two transmitted signals on two different bands may be used at any time. The log must indicate which transmitter made each QSO. Each transmitter may make a maximum of 8 band changes in any clock hour (00 through 59 minutes). Total output power must not exceed *1500 watts* on any band at any time.

Hi,

We are planning M2 operation for CQWW SSB contest.

We would like install a Multiband antenna for the Multiplier station...to
avoid

damage receivers front end, what is the minimum separation between Main

antennas and a Multiband Mult antenna???

The worse case is trying work a NEW MULT in the same band we are RUNNING.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Doug, CO8DM

T48K Team