Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 10M Contest or was it cancelled? :^)

To: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 10M Contest or was it cancelled? :^)
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 08:51:54 -0500
If you have high power, 10m can be a lot of fun.  In these low years, it is
a lot like 6m.   BIC counts!

>From Vermont, Scatter gave me VE9, VE1, VE2, VE3, New England, and down to
VA.   Sporadic E single hop to the mid west, but just a single Californian
(W6YX) on double-hop.

Lots of back scatter for southern states from SA propagation.   Africa,
ZL/VK on long path, and (!) a single European, despite knowing that 1000s
of guys were on (according to RBN).

Amazing sigs on Scatter from TX, NM, GA.

I know a lot of people were on only part time, and they missed propagation
(me to)... VE4, VE5 for me. (MN was pounding in Saturday evening.)

Huge rates, then zilch!  That is the nature of this beast.   Amazing DX
pops out of no where.

40M my favorite all-around band, but 10 can be so interesting!

73, Gerry W1VE