Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules
From: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 08:47:42 -0700
I have subscribed to the "boy and his radio" idea since I started ham
radio in 1975, and have never been much of a fan of packet. I have
always likened it to spoon feeding. However, I have a question to
those who have expressed their opposition to it in this thread:
If a separate SOA category was created for NAQP, how would that
detract from the enjoyment of operating the contest  for those
who choose to run under the SO category? I can't see how it would
change anything as far as the actual mechanics of the contest is concerned,
other than it might incite a few people who would not otherwise participate
to join in, meaning more QSO's for the SO ops. The only thing it would
change
would be to move numbers from one section of the score results to another.
The ops who are at the top of the heap in the scores are still going to be
there, no matter what category they are in, because they have better
operating skills and better stations.

Let the assisted stations fight it out amongst themselves, it matters
not a wit to me.

K0SN