Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi 2 locking device, TriPlexers and BPF

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi 2 locking device, TriPlexers and BPF
From: "Jozef Urban, OM7ZZ" <om7zz@stonline.sk>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 19:21:51 +0100
Jim,

I am merely stating what I learned by studying the plots that W4TV sent
me.

Joe, W4TV didn't measure switch. He sent you plots I had sent him, made on professional HP-8714B VNA we still own. These direct, un-edited outputs from VNA, you desribed as "hard to read plots showing BEST case" were plots contained all isolation measurements of ALL switching combinations and there was nothing to conclude from that the real parameters are 6-10dB worsen. This is what you simply invented, so I had to reply.

He was unwilling to loan me a unit to measure. I would be happy to
measure one if it were sent to me.

We are manufacturer, and we have to grant claimed specifications to our customers. And it is what we do. Do you have ANY lab certificate or acreditation proving that your measurements should be more trustable than our?

I am well aware of the variation in crosstalk and VSWR between ports in
switches of this type, and some are FAR better than others, depending
STRONGLY on how they are built.

I absolutely agree.

73 Jozef OM7ZZ

Jozef,

I am merely stating what I learned by studying the plots that W4TV sent
me. He was unwilling to loan me a unit to measure. I would be happy to
measure one if it were sent to me.

I am well aware of the variation in crosstalk and VSWR between ports in
switches of this type, and some are FAR better than others, depending
STRONGLY on how they are built.

73, Jim K9YC