[CQ-Contest] Rule Enforcement - why not power cheating?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rule Enforcement - why not power cheating?
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 11:17:47 -0500
I hate to change the subject, but why not put the fear of being caught to work on curbing power cheating? Just like a few speeding tickets on a road can deter speeding to some degree, spotchecks that catch a few major cheaters each year in a major contest could go a long way.

I'm not talking about CQ's ill-fated notion of having on-site monitors - just that the contest committees could deputize a few respected and well-trusted observers to drop in on suspected violators during contests to verify that they are at least approximately complying with the rules. Certainly anyoneusing KW amps as drivers, as recently reported, would be easy to catch this way.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.