Re: [CQ-Contest] cq self spot

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cq self spot
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 11:07:43 -0800
On Mon,2/27/2017 5:29 AM, Juan Hidalgo EA8RM wrote:
I check how ALL other stations from AF are automatically spotted every 10 min
and no EA8 stations are spotted.

I operate both assisted and non-assisted, depending on the contest and my goals. When operating assisted, I use VE7CC's software to filter his cluster to feed me spots from spotting stations in my region AND from locations 2,000 miles from me. (I'm in W6, so I look for spots from west of the Rockies, from MD, KL7, from KH6). I do this because I want to know who else in my skip zone might me on my frequency on the higher bands, and who from EU might be on my frequency on the lower bands when I'm trying to run the east coast.

From my QTH,EA8, CU, and D4 are among those countries across the Atlantic that are easiest to workbecause we don't have to go over the polar region. All are regularly spotted.

73, Jim K9YC