Re: [CQ-Contest] cq self spot

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cq self spot
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:56:29 -0800
Juan,

It's also unfair for NA and EU operators to travel to locations where nearly every QSO counts more points than if they stayed at home. EA8, CU, and the SA Caribbean islands are examples. And it's unfair that stations far from the Atlantic basin are at a huge disadvantage in DX contests.

Both of these conditions are the result of badly outdated contest rules. Those rules, formulated when scores had to be computed with a pencil and paper, give the geographical advantages. If we can modernize contesting with computer logging and computer automation, why can't we modernize contesting with rules that allow hams all over the world to at least be in the same contest?

73, Jim K9YC