Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 09:49:31 -0500
As a serious contester, I always consider myself in the running for top 3
USA in my category.  I have been successful, or not, in that endeavor
depending on the contest year and conditions.

When I saw the new rule I, like many, did not have this capability.  I have
now added it.  It is far from simple, however, to do well.  There is stray
RF, different impedances of mike and line input with 2 radios feeding etc
etc.  But it is doable.  And I now have it implemented.  I am not totally
happy with the outcome but continue to work it.  I believe its now an
acceptable recording if I am ever asked for it.

I agree with W4PA's last comment that compared to the other station
complexity and efforts to truly be at the top 3 contender level in CQWW, its
not the worst thing to add.

I am fully supportive of this effort to make sure the competitive level is
done fairly and honestly.  I would like to see ARRL and WPX add the
requirement.

73

Ed  N1UR