Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 12:57:28 -0400
I don't know CX2DK or the others from the CC or W4PA very well, but it all
seems pretty clear cut.

He was asked for a recording on 2015 - nothing.

He placed #1 for 10m in SA in 2016 for both CQWW's; asked him for a
recording. - nothing.

Your English is near perfect. (Better than my Spanish, congrats).  Seems
like you knew there were rules to record the contest if you planned to win,
place or show (1,2,3rd) and you did not follow the rules.  You more than
doubled the score of your nearest competitors on SSB and CW.  You can't pick
and choose which rules you wish to follow.

I have suspicions you knew you would do very well and still did not comply
for reasons you have not revealed.

Now, I will say, personally I was not excited about having to spend $$ to
buy a small handheld recorder and tiny audio amp to record the CQWW SSB's,
but I did it.

I was able to do it for slightly less $$ in CQWW CW, as it was all K3IT's
app and an outboard USB-audio device and his free software.  A limitation of
my computer that it won't work for SSB here.

Either way, I still had to spend around $100 total and make up a few cables
and tweak software to comply with the rules, just on the off chance I made
3rd place.  There are no illusions here that I would ever beat the 2 guys on
PEI during a major event, and there are enough others to compete against
that even 3rd is a stretch.  Even so, occasionally I do well enough in
various contests to win, place or show, so I (grudgingly) complied with the
rules just in case.

I have suspicions you knew you would do very well and still did not comply.

Can you please tell us why that is?

Mike VE9AA

Is it too much to ask for you and others to read the rules ?

http://www.cqww.com/rules.htm

It is very clearly explained in 16 languages.

73,

Steve, N2IC

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB