Re: [CQ-Contest] Are you a Clueless Cluster Clicker?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Are you a Clueless Cluster Clicker?
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 21:51:18 -0500
Would increasing the penalty for busted calls mitigate this problem?

The discussion seems to be pointing to experienced operators, those that should know better, engaging in this behavior.

For them it could be the cost of 'doing business', lots of Qs to compensate, but if the penalty is increased, the 'economics' of contesting changes.

Ok, maybe not on the first busted call, but sounds like the community has a pretty good knowledge, after each contest, of the calls that generated the most incidents.

Let's say after 3 or 4 of these busted calls, it's not a mistake, but careless operating procedure.

For the newbie caught in the net, it's a costly learning experience, but as a friend used to say: a good education is not cheap.

73 de Vince, VA3VF