Re: [CQ-Contest] what is required of recevied audio, and whay

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>, Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] what is required of recevied audio, and whay
From: Mark van Wijk <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 08:54:14 +0100 (CET)
   Please do not spoil the fun of SO contenders because of your reasons.

   Instead, change behavior.

   Make assisted/all allowed category MORE interesting for the cheaters:

   - Raise the public recognition

   - Better, more incentives

   - Bigger prizes, larger plaques, gold

   On  the  other  hand,  lower  the  incentive  for  UNassisted, make it
   LESS interesting to participate for cheaters

   - No incentives

   - No plaques

   - Lower public recognition

   Since we cannot influence peoples own responsibility and merits of honesty
   and pride, we have to make SO less and Assisted more attractive.

   We might as well let go of the materialistic and public recognition for SO
   contenders. We can share recognition within our peer group, do not need the
   gold/wood.

   Pride is in the accomplishment, the long road to and sharing knowledge and
   operating experiences with our peer-friends.

   73 Mark, PA5MW