Re: [CQ-Contest] what is required of recevied audio, and whay

To: Tom Osborne <w7why1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] what is required of recevied audio, and whay
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 11:39:14 +0700
Not-assisted is a conscious act by the operator who may be spotted but who
does not ask for that nor utilize any band maps or other spots to consult.
Unassisted could have anyone spot or recommend to go to that unassisted op
freq, BUT the op neither asks for nor uses spots THAT HE CONSULTS.

As not-assisted, I am choosing a specific operating style.  I can not be
responsible for what other people may do, but I know that my old fashioned
way is best for me and will continue to use that way regardless of contest
rules.

Real assisted is a different mind-set;  not mine.

73, Charly

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Tom Osborne <w7why1@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm sorry, but if you are calling CQ and the skimmers are spotting you,
> > you are assisted!   73
> >
> Ton W7WHY
>

> > The existing differences between SO and SOA may not matter
> > to W2UP, but they matter to me when, as a single-op, I do
> > not use real-time spotting assistance from other operators,
> > or from remote receivers (RBN) or from local multi-channel
> > CW decoders.
> >
> > 73,
> > Paul EI5DI

Charly, HS0ZCW