Re: [CQ-Contest] Disqualified callsigns - CQ WW SSB contest.

To: steve@flexradio.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Disqualified callsigns - CQ WW SSB contest.
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 16:12:16 -0600
Notice that I didn't specifically say that any out-of-band QSO should result in a DQ.

A more appropriate penalty, for CQWW, would be to deduct 3 more QSO's for every out-of-band QSO. This is the same penalty as a not-in-log (NIL) QSO. This would be a logical penalty for an out-of-band QSO, since the QSO should never have occurred in the first place. An even great deterrent, short of a DQ, would be to deduct 3 additional multipliers if the out-of-band QSO resulted in a new multiplier.

73,
Steve, N2IC