Re: [CQ-Contest] Time to QSY?

To: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Time to QSY?
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 15:24:19 -0400
Try it out, John.

I suggested the Double-L to my friend Cary, VE4EA, who lives on a
postage-stamp-sized lot in Winnipeg, MB.

Cary has a 50-foot tower, and the yard is not big enough to support the
fully-parallel horizontal legs as shown in the article.

Rather than 90 feet vertical, Cary ended up with 42 or so feet vertical.
He built the antenna just before ARRL 160.    The horizontal sections
were like pretzels (ask VE4XT -- he helped build it!).

Anyway, despite those compromises, Carry was able to work WAS in ARRL 160
over the contest weekend!

Of course, the same antenna can be used on 80 for the same beneficial
reasons.

We are assembling one for VY1AAA, which will have 70 feet vertical.

73, Gerry W1VE