Re: [CQ-Contest] Encouraging Casual Participation in Contests

To: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Encouraging Casual Participation in Contests
From: Trent Sampson <vk4ts@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 21:38:27 +0000
The DARC system has done precisely this for several years.

All DARC contest logs are accepted as QSO proof for the DARC Awards programme

"Contest is more than 59 - that is known especially by award hunters. With more
than 2000 active German stations in WAG there be not many DL-awards for which
WAG does not allow for additional valuable contacts. And DARC's online QSO
database and QSLing system DCL (DARC Community Logbook) allows for paperless
application for about 30 German awards. DCL also shows you your personal score
for each of the available awards based on your QSOs in DARC contests (which are
imported after crosscheck) and QSOs you have added via adif."

http://dcl.darc.de/~dcl/public/index.php

This was used as a partial model for the Wireless Institute of Australia (WIA)
Awards Programme that accepts LOTW and EQSL Confirmations as well as
traditional hard copy. As yet direct contest QSOs have not been included.

http://www.wiaawards.com/

Regards

Trent VK4TS