Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios

To: xaxaxaxa yayayaya <cqtestk4xs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 12:30:58 -0400
Hi Bill,

The 6500 is a discontinued model. It is replaced by the 6600.

The 6600 will do SO2R in a single box and has the new preselectors with
50dB of isolation between SCUs (an SCU is a flex term for a wideband
receiver).

As for comparing it to a K3S, that's a holy war you want to start here. :)
 However on the Maestro or M series radios the display is larger, the knobs
are larger (on Maestro) and it has the panadapter built in. But I think
everything else is a matter of personal preference because the performance
is so high between those radios that to the average operator with the
average set of ears any difference is minor.

73
Ria, N2RJ