Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex radios
From: Mike Kasrich <aj9c@indy.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 15:57:41 -0400
I have a 6500 and placed a deposit on the 6600 because of the SO2R capability. Originally I had a 6300 and a K3 in shack so I could compare side by side. Both are good rigs to have. With the Flex I was able to remove interface devices like the microham from the set up. Less cabling is always better in my opinion.

Side by side during the ARRL 160 contest both rigs perform the same in opinion on rx. There were stations every 300Hz and as you moved from one to the next the previous station disappeared. At narrower bandwidths the Flex was easier to listen to. Having the panadapter included was nice. visually being able to see a hole in the band to start CQing is almost like cheating.

This is my opinion only YMMV but I switched and haven't looked back.

Mike/aj9c