Re: [CQ-Contest] Online scoreboards

To: "'Mats Strandberg'" <sm6lrr@gmail.com>, "'Holger Hannemann'" <holger@9h3m.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Online scoreboards
From: "Yuri" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 11:39:47 -0400
Hello Mats.
The idea of online score board is great.
However, I wouldn't be so enthusiastic counting on someone's (private) web
resource. Especially with .RU domain name.
Who knows what is going to happen with the owner?
Or what if he would suddenly decide to put you in his "black list" like he did
for a few calls (including P33W and yours truly)  without even giving any
reason.
As far as I remember the idea was stol... pardon me, taken from Gerry's (W1VE)
online score board resource many years ago.
I would support the idea of the unified board of online scoring, but I would
just choose more reliable and predictable source.

Yuri  VE3DZ