Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW this weekend

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW this weekend
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 08:53:48 -0400
"Any entry class may post their scores to a live scoreboard (e.g.,
cq-contest.ru or getscores.org). A single operator may view the scores on a
live scoreboard site, but should not view the band breakdown information."
source: http://cqww.com/rules_faq.htm

The CQWW committee addresses live scoreboards in their rules FAQ, quoted
above.  Given the strict application of rules recently by that committee in
particular, it would be prudent to read "should" as "must" to be on the
safe side until and unless clarification is made by the committee.
Clarification of course, would be welcome.

I do note, for comparison purposes, that several of the WRTCs ran live
scoreboards but prohibited competitors from viewing ANY of the
live scoreboard information until the competition was completed.  The same
will apply next year at WRTC2018.

73, Dave K3ZJ