Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Two Keyboard

To: <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Two Keyboard
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 08:26:43 -0800
Hi Ed:

It's a secondary function and testing ground more than anything else.  The
"mission" of the station is continue Rich's legacy of a competitive Multi Op
station in Alaska.  The point of the SO2R station is to give us an option
for contests that aren't as attractive for MultIops (NAQP, SS, and the
like).  I've done some SO2R myself, single keyboard, and I can see
ergonomically how two keyboards could be helpful.  I'm never going to hit
the N6MJ "mutant" rate level, (and since I *always* prefer multi ops in the
big contests, that's fine), but I'm always looking to improve rate, and
always looking for ways to "think less, muscle/nerve memory more" in a
contest.

73
Steve KL7SB