Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Two Keyboard

To: "'Pavel Perchine'" <un7lg@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Two Keyboard
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 09:16:01 -0800
Oooops, I think I left a couple of things unclear ...

We'll be networked since this is a Multi Multi Station by design.  The goal
on this is to isolate out a specific SO2R position because
        1)  Ergonomics will be different
        2)  Interface is different
        3)  Space requirements will be different
        4)  Desire not to do much if any reconfiguration between contests,
given some will be SO2R, some will be M/S-M/2, some will be M/M  (there is
obviously a good bit more to this project than just this piece, but this is
a part of it)
        5)  Having said that, the position will be available for MultOps,
either as an ad hoc partner position, or a "SH*T, Our amp just died" one.

I don't think I see the need for two computers for this.  We'll always have
backup due to the networked environment.  (Side note, I'm a Developer by
training, though these days I do more systems integration and customization
than grunt coding, and my partner at RA, Wigi KL0R is also a recovering
developer :)  in the longer term, we have a lot of thoughts about what we
would call in the business "Radio as a service" rx/tx audio distribution.
To my OOP addled brain, Radio as a class with with distributable objects
just makes sense, but that is in the future.  Anyone else working along
these lines though, I'd like to hear from you.  I know Flex is pushing hard
in the contest world, that would be a logical next step for them.  Imagine
The FlexRadio 6969 Contest Server. :)

73
Steve KL7SB