Re: [CQ-Contest] Is this assistance?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is this assistance?
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 07:08:33 -0400
Striclty speaking this depends on the rules for the contest - different
contests could have different rules about assistance.

The most common rule, and the one that is used in the CQ WW and CQ WPX
contests, is that "assistance" is defined to mean methods that identify
call signs or multipliers - see Rule VIII.2 at <
https://www.cqww.com/rules.htm>, or Rule IX.2 at <
https://www.cqwpx.com/rules.htm>.

Does your spectrum display give you call signs or multiplier status
(country, zone, state/province, prefix, ...) for the signals it displays?
If not, then using that spectrum display does not make you "assisted" under
this rule.

73,
Rich VE3KI

Rick (?) wrote:

And I have another question about DQ’s that I’ve never seen addressed. My
radio has a spec A, does the fact I can see other signals to look at make
me an assisted?