Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 179, Issue 14

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 179, Issue 14
From: "Eric Gruff" <egruff@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 20:50:01 -0800
Tor - I think we do need the time restrictions, because the idea is to
"force" everyone to stick around until at least partway through Sunday
afternoon to get a higher score.

I'm way down in the lower left corner of the US, with a decent, but not
exceptional station, and I could easily have worked many stations on two
bands within a few minutes on Saturday (80/40 or 40/20 or 20/15) by just
moving them to the 2nd band. That happens a lot in other contests where you
can work everyone once on each band, and IMO isn't a good idea here as it
really changes the makeup of SS.

I also still like the idea of making the last few hours a bonus round. Maybe
for new mults only, or some other permutation that really incentivizes folks
to operate late in the contest.

Glad to see other folks proposing many of the same ideas here. Maybe ARRL
will consider some of them.

Eric NC6K

Message: 5