Re: [CQ-Contest] Constant Calling

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Constant Calling
From: "Rich Gelber" <rich@k2wr.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 14:43:18 -0500
Sometimes the lids do just get you down, and you wind up saying something you
wish you hadn’t.

A number of years ago, while running a pileup from Europe on SSB, somebody kept
(loudly) dropping in his two letters (which I’ll make up here) no matter what I
said.  So finally, I said “Zoooloooo Delta (or whatever it was), is there any
language in which you are fluent?”  I think I heard a couple of chuckles on the
QRG, “ZD” stopped, and about 10 QSO’s later called me with his full callsign
(same signal, same voice, just as loud).

Rich K2WR