Re: [CQ-Contest] 4U1WB: ARRL DX Contest: Rule 6.1

To: <rjairam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 4U1WB: ARRL DX Contest: Rule 6.1
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 08:43:54 -0500
You can put in the effort to improve antennas and location.  But no matter how
much effort you put in, you can’t make up a call sign like 4U1WB.  It has to be
bestowed on you.

In the ARRL DX contest – its of no value – in fact its clearly a hinderence.
Being right, but having to repeat and explain is a contest killer.  But in WPX,
no one cares where you are (other than wondering why the points for the Q don’t
look right), they just know they need a new prefix.  Add that to the fact that
some percentage of callers probably think they just worked a new one (4U1 must
be UN HQ no?) and its just not good sportsmanship in my opinion.

4U1WB and any other 4U1 should compete for NA not for W.

73

Ed  N1UR