Re: [CQ-Contest] CW SS: Some thoughts

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW SS: Some thoughts
From: RT Clay <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 13:58:30 +0000 (UTC)
AF5CC's comments were regarding casual participants. They get on for an hour or
two, knowing that at any given minute they might have to leave. And
importantly, they don't know how much time they will have, and don't know which
operating session will be their last.

It happened to me during ARRL DX CW. I operated some Sunday but had to leave. I
wasn't there at the end of the contest and was busy Sunday evening and every
day the next week. I forgot to submit my log. I submitted it late...ARRL can do
whatever they want with it.

5 days is fine, less is not good if you want casual participants to submit
their logs.

Tor
N4OGW