[CQ-Contest] WriteLog for State QSO Parties?

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WriteLog for State QSO Parties?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 13:16:56 -0700
CQP has always taken pride in having every county active, making a 58 county sweep possible. In 2017, N4PN did it in about 5 1/2 hours, and that's not a record. As in-state participants age, it's gotten more difficult to get serious operations in some of the more remote counties, so we (NCCC) are considering permitting county-line operation, where each county is logged as a separate QSO.

I'm a long time N1MM user, which provides excellent support for logging state QSO parties for both mobiles and fixed stations. For example, a two-county exchange with "/" as a separator is correctly logged as a QSO for each county (assuming the exchange is correct) :), and the county is correctly transferred to the entry window if appended to the callsign with "/" as a separator.  N1MM also makes it super easy for a roving mobile to change counties.

Is WriteLog user-friendly for out-of-state participants? The N1MM team tends to respond pretty quickly to changes in contest rules. If we update our rules, what sort of turnaround time might the WriteLog team need?

If you actively work state QSO parties, especially CQP, do you use any logger other than N1MM or WriteLog?

73, Jim K9YC