Re: [CQ-Contest] WriteLog for State QSO Parties?

To: "k9yc@arrl. net" <k9yc@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WriteLog for State QSO Parties?
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 11:30:38 -0700
I'm not sure that Writelog doesn't already support this proposed feature,
but they do several releases a year, and I can't imagine they wouldn't add
support for this change, if needed.

73 jeff wk6i

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 1:16 PM, Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
wrote:

> CQP has always taken pride in having every county active, making a 58
> county sweep possible. In 2017, N4PN did it in about 5 1/2 hours, and
> that's not a record. As in-state participants age, it's gotten more
> difficult to get serious operations in some of the more remote counties, so
> we (NCCC) are considering permitting county-line operation, where each
> county is logged as a separate QSO.
>
> I'm a long time N1MM user, which provides excellent support for logging
> state QSO parties for both mobiles and fixed stations. For example, a
> two-county exchange with "/" as a separator is correctly logged as a QSO
> for each county (assuming the exchange is correct) :), and the county is
> correctly transferred to the entry window if appended to the callsign with
> "/" as a separator.  N1MM also makes it super easy for a roving mobile to
> change counties.
>
> Is WriteLog user-friendly for out-of-state participants? The N1MM team
> tends to respond pretty quickly to changes in contest rules. If we update
> our rules, what sort of turnaround time might the WriteLog team need?
>
> If you actively work state QSO parties, especially CQP, do you use any
> logger other than N1MM or WriteLog?
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com
RTTY op at W7RN