Re: [CQ-Contest] 4O3A Station rebuild

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, office@dual.rs
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 4O3A Station rebuild
From: Ranko Boca <4o3a@t-com.me>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 13:22:58 +0200
Hi Dave,

I was not 100% clear.

I have 3 towers, in triangle configuration.
Those are exactly the same configuration - Tribander stack of 3 larger/or 4
shorter TBs, plus 2/2 for 40M. It makes 3 directions on all bands from
40-10M with 3 towers only. Each antenna system is very serious, clean,
simple and predictable. It is my starting point, and we can accept it as
axiom 😁
My insisting on using 2L40 is due mechanical limitation I have on very
windy hilltop location. Simply, it is maximum size of antenna acceptable. I
know that 4/4 would be better, but it is not possible.
As I already have 3 towers, phasing two of them in USA or JA direction is
just an additional benefit. It will not make some huge improvement (take
off angle will remain the same), but can help. When use two of them in
phase, I will still have another two for other directions.

This is all about.

I am asking if someone made something similar already? Does anyone have
some experience/advice in choosing adequate tribanders with a bit longer
boom, what is necessary, if 40M will be optimized with 2L yagis?
I know about JK and Opti beam tribanders, but unfortunately, I don't have
EZ files, and it will take a lot of time to make modeling.

BTW, new 4O3A will be fully IP Station. Towers will be rotary, with a
mechanism for pulling tower up and down to the ground. So, 3 towers will be
parked on ground after contest and 4th tower will be used for remote
permanently.

It is a lot of work, and unfortunately I don't have to much of spare time
at the moment. So, help is welcome and I would not like to miss something
because I am in hurry. And I am tired of repair and climbing on towers.

73
Ranko