[CQ-Contest] Contest Dashboards

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Dashboards
From: Alan Higbie <alan.higbie@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 15:10:19 -0600
At Visalia this past weekend N0AX moderated series of short presentations
about possible future developments in our contesting world.

One of the presenters was Jeri AI6TK. In her work she designs video games
with augmented reality.  On the side she's working on the "gamification" **
of radio contesting.

I may have misunderstood - but I thought she said she'll be making a
presentation at Dayton - but I couldn't find it on the Hamvention program.

73, Alan K0AV

*From Wikipedia*
**  *Gamification* is the application of game-design elements and game
principles in non-game contexts. Gamification commonly employs game
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game> design elements to improve user
engagement, organizational productivity,  flow
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)>, learning
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamification_of_learning>,
crowdsourcing, employee
recruitment and evaluation, ease of use
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ease_of_use>, usefulness of systems, physical
exercise <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_exercise>, traffic
violations, voter apathy, and more. A collection of research on
gamification shows that a majority of studies on gamification find it has
positive effects on individuals. However, individual and contextual
differences exist. Gamification can also improve an individual's ability to
comprehend digital content and understand a certain area of study such as
music.