[CQ-Contest] NS RTTY this Thursday

To: "nccc-blue@groups.io" <nccc-blue@groups.io>, "RTTY@groups.io" <RTTY@groups.io>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NS RTTY this Thursday
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 03:40:12 +0000
Greetings Diddlers:

Hopefully your ears are back to normal after a full weekend of cw.  No more cw
pileups emanating from random sounds around the house.

The upcoming weekend would normally have the 10 meter RTTY contest, but in case
you have not been following along the sponsors of that contest (W0YK and AA5AU)
have changed things a bit.  Given that 10 meters is pretty dead and the new FT8
mode has been sweeping the bands, Ed and Don are sponsoring the “FT8 Roundup”.
I know, FT8 is not RTTY.  But given how popular the mode seems to be getting it
might be worth a look.  Check out
http://www.rttycontesting.com/ft8-roundup/rules/  for all the details.  For
those of you running AFSK, you are pretty much all set up already.  One
download and you might be on the leading edge of contest evolution!

For some regular RTTY practice, please join us Thursday evening and keep your
regular RTTY setup in tune.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening get together.

Friday, 30 Nov 2018, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday 29 Nov 2018 in NA)
-- 1745 - 1815 PST
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up (Last two minutes seem to be popular…)
-- 80/40/20/15 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band.-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links
to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know
so we can get them fixed.
If you would like to receive all the latest info about NS as well as a have a
place for comments and questions, sign up for the NS mailing list:
https://groups.io/g/nccc-blue

contestonlinescore.com  has a slot set up for us if you’d like to make sure
your logger is talking to the world.  Select NCCC NA RTTY Sprint.

Report scores to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a few
for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR