Re: [CQ-Contest] WSJT-X and contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WSJT-X and contesting
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 09:41:31 -0500
There are some differences. FT8 are not always audible, you do not "tune
up" on signals. Also you can only transmit at specific times so your
computer needs to have very accurate time.  I have worked many stations on
RTTY that were not even using a computer, just like on CW. We have
separate contests for CW and SSB sweepstakes, I think it would be nice if
the RTTY Roundup was RTTY.

John KK9A

Radio K0HB wrote:

My short answer would be —

I tune up an audio signal on RTTY, click a button or two, and my computer
makes a Q.

I tune up an audio signal on FT-8, click a button or two, and my computer
makes a Q.

Same-oh, same-oh.

73, de Hans, K0HB