Re: [CQ-Contest] Origin of 3830 Score Reporting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Origin of 3830 Score Reporting
From: robert <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 10:08:26 -0500

    GM All

        Well I sure remember listening to 3830 reports.  I was so amazed at scores.

        After hearing these tremendous scores, I never dared to report my

        lowly efforts.

        BoB WA1FCN

On 3/18/2019 5:41 PM, Bob Epstein K8IA via CQ-Contest wrote:
My first contest was in 1957, but I had no real need to listen to the big gun 3830
reports then. I recall 3830 khz use after contests in the mid-late 1960s, east
coast/midwest USA. Which means it probably began well before that.Bob K8IAArizona
Outlaws Contest Club
-------- Original message --------From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com> Date: 3/18/19  9:03 AM
(GMT-07:00) To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: [CQ-Contest] Origin of 3830 Score
Reporting Hi,I've been meaning to include a brief history of 3830 score reporting on the 3830scores.com web
site. Personally, my history of score reporting only goes back to the advent of the 3830 e-mail reflector on
contesting.com in 1996, so I'm not familiar with on-air reporting before that.What's the origin of sharing
claimed scores and "war stories" on 3830 kHz after a contest? When did it start? Who started it?
Thanks.73 de Bruce, WA7BNM
(bhorn@hornucopia.com)_______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing