Re: [CQ-Contest] Origin of 3830 Score Reporting

To: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Origin of 3830 Score Reporting
From: Sterling Mann <kawfey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 08:48:54 -0500
"Everyone" isn't actually everyone, I think it'll be several years or so
before realtime scoreboards and livestreamed operating will become
mainstream. Even then, I think most will still return to 3830 as if it's a
contesting digestif - a central place for everyone's final score and
soapbox report. Many contesters aren't into the idea of watching others'
scores while operating, until the end.

Additionally, some may argue contesting has always been a sport against
yourself from the contest prior.

-Sterling N0SSC