Re: [CQ-Contest] Origin of 3830 Score Reporting

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>, Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>, cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Origin of 3830 Score Reporting
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 18:27:39 -0400
I remember claimed scores being printed in NCJ before the internet came
along.JeffJeff Clarkeku8e@ku8e.com
-------- Original message --------From: Joe <nss@mwt.net> Date: 3/18/19  5:14
PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>, cq-contest
<cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Origin of 3830 Score
Reporting Details on who started it I do not know but I remember doing it as
far back as 1975,Joe WB9SBDSigThe Original Rolling Ball ClockIdle
TymeIdle-Tyme.comhttp://www.idle-tyme.comOn 3/18/2019 11:03 AM, Bruce Horn
wrote:> Hi,>> I've been meaning to include a brief history of 3830 score
reporting on the 3830scores.com web site. Personally, my history of score
reporting only goes back to the advent of the 3830 e-mail reflector on
contesting.com in 1996, so I'm not familiar with on-air reporting before
that.>> What's the origin of sharing claimed scores and "war stories" on 3830
kHz after a contest? When did it start? Who started it? Thanks.>> 73 de Bruce,
WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)>