Re: [CQ-Contest] possible changes for CQ VHF Contest

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] possible changes for CQ VHF Contest
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 13:05:55 -0500
This may be true of contests that don't incorporate microwave bands, but I
don't think from my observation that microwave QSO's are going to change
much in contests that include microwave / mmwave bands. Most of them are CW
unless signals are really strong.  And most of these contests award high
points for microwave QSO's. And with good reason. They are more difficult.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 12:49 PM Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure how providing breakdowns changes the outcome.  CW is quickly
> going to die in VHF contests since its either high rate SSB or not.  And if
> not, FT4/8 wins the day.
>
> The same thing is happening to many DX pursuits.  6M and 160M are becoming
> dominated by FT8.
>
> Thankfully, I enjoy CW and SSB HF contests where that problem manages
> itself.  And the new HF Digi contest provides a nice competitive outlet for
> those inclined.
>
> 73
>
> Ed  N1UR
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>