[CQ-Contest] SO2R interference help update

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R interference help update
From: "Dan" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 14:44:11 -0400
TNX to all who responded. I have a sense of direction and will begin diagnosing.

So far I have transmitted on 40 into a dummy load connected with a short cable
with Radio 1 (K3) and listened on 20 with the 1000MP on the tribander. Turning
the rotator seems to indicate the harmonic is coming from the shack. Now I will
be checking all cable and connectors, unplugging all wall warts and eliminating
any antenna switches in the path of the tribander. Probing with my Tecsun SW on
the harmonic has not revealed any true peaks on any piece of gear so far but
I’m just starting.

If I have a revelation and/or some success I’ll repost with my results.

As an aside I’m making a flow chart to show all antennas and switching for
future reference. Amazing how much “stuff” gets added over the years!

73 Dan W8CAR