Re: [CQ-Contest] Impact of FT* Modes on DXpeditions

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Impact of FT* Modes on DXpeditions
From: AB2E Darrell <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 13:23:49 +0000
There's an ad for fully automated software for ft4/8 today on one of the
portals. It also has the warning not to be operated unattended(violation of FCC
rules).
So Zack and Dave, I agree with both of you, there should be a separate DXCC
award for this mode of operating and it should not count towards traditional
dxcc award.
Which brings to mind a related topic, if the software makes possible robotic
qsos from a dxpedition, should those qsos be counted as valid(if unattended and
op watching)?

73 Darrell AB2E