Re: [CQ-Contest] Impact of FT* Modes on DXpeditions

To: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Impact of FT* Modes on DXpeditions
From: "rjairam@gmail.com" <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 12:34:03 -0400
The answer is no it doesn’t count as automatic operation.

And since the final decision rests with the ARRL awards branch anyway, the
rule as drafted is sufficient.

On a side note, even looking through part 97 and other rules and
regulations, some are vague, some intentionally. I was told by an attorney
the reason for this and it does make sense.

73
Ria
N2RJ