Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] Impressive demonstration of one dB of signa

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] Impressive demonstration of one dB of signal strength improvement
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 13:32:13 -0700
The links I posted yesterday in this thread address the antenna issues. k9yc.com/publish.htm There are both pdf text files and slides for talks I've done on the topic.

There's loss data for coax, hardline, and some 2-wire line types in N6BV's TLW software that comes on CD with the ARRL Antenna Book. You choose the coax, type in the length and frequency and the program spits out the loss. If the line is mis-matched, you can enter that value and the excess loss due to mismatch will be computed.

If you don't already own that book, it's a great next step. There's also some loss data on K1TTT's site.

73, Jim K9YC