[CQ-Contest] VY1JA QRT Forever, VY1AAA QRT after Saturday...

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] VY1JA QRT Forever, VY1AAA QRT after Saturday...
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 10:54:46 -0400
I am sad to report that my dear friend J Allan, VY1JA, is having many
health difficulties and has retired from ham radio. J's final QSO was with
KA4UPI on September 14. He has uploaded his log to LoTW and sent a copy to
his QSL managers, JA3JM for JA only, and N3SL for others. He will be taking
down his antennas soon.

J was a great supporter of CW from the Yukon, making well over 100,000 QSOs
in his decades there. Over the past four years, our VY1AAA remote team has
made over 35,000 QSOs worldwide. We will be holding on to our gear, and are
exploring other possibilities of a remote in YT/NT or other rare location
in Canada. Our QSL Manager Marty, NN1C has retired from his duties (thanks
for your hard work, pal!), and Geoffrey, NE3K, will be taking over. Any
questions should be directed to info@vy1aaa.org

Thank you all for the many 1000s of Sweepstakes and DX QSOs over the past
few years. VY1 will certainly become a harder multiplier for SS this year!
I will probably operate from K2LE/1 in Vermont.

Until Saturday, please listen for VY1AAA on the air -- 20m CW mostly --
perhaps some SSB. 2100z or later weekdays, perhaps earlier on Saturday.

73 and thanks for the memories,

Gerry Hull, W1VE/VE1RM
Trustee, VY1AAA
The Yukon CanAm Contest Club.