Re: [CQ-Contest] VY1JA QRT Forever, VY1AAA QRT after Saturday...

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] VY1JA QRT Forever, VY1AAA QRT after Saturday...
From: Pierre Fogal <pierre.fogal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 18:02:03 -0400
Gerry and the CanAm team,

Very sorry to hear that the other bastion* of Northern Canadian contesting
will be QRT.  Knowing you guys were on the air always made it somehow more
neighbourly.  It may mean that sweeps in SS are rather more difficult, as
VY0ERC is not often manned during that part of the year.  That last 20
degrees of latitude is a real killer and running remote for us is not
possible due to the geo-stationary satellite link we use.  If Musk and
competitors get their LEO constellations in place,  that might change.

So, the great white north will be that much lonelier without VY1AAA on the
air. Best wishes to J and all of you!

73 from VE3KTB, VE1RUS and the VY0ERC team

*I know that referring to VY0ERC as a "bastion" of anything is a bit of a
stretch.  But, like Avis, we try hard!