Re: [CQ-Contest] Scary

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Scary
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 08:20:48 -0500
I worked a number of stations with checks in that range.  Some also had "S" as their precedence, which probably explains it.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 11/5/2019 5:53 AM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:
I worked one stn with a check of "20"..that's right, "20" (I am sure many
worked this stn as well)

I had to process that one for a second..brain locks up..uhhhh, wha?

Then, because I was doing an 83/83 effort (can't make any mistakes)

I actually stuck around to see if they sent 20 to the next op..just to
insure they weren't mixing

it up with a serial # or something.

Really made me go "hmmm" at first.

Don't hear many of those 'futuristic' numbers...hi

Good on them for getting that old call on the air.

Mike VE9AA "78"

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB