Re: [CQ-Contest] Merging Social Media and Contesting

To: contesting@w2irt.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Merging Social Media and Contesting
From: Stan Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 23:13:59 -0400
I agree with Peter that the sponsors of the major contests now need to get
together and hammer out some new rules/categories. Not just for this
current situation, but with a better eye on leveling the playing field(s).

This should include the overlays used by some contests for sub-categories.
For instance, the overlay for tri-banders and wires. I have only wire
antennas and I just cannot manage to rotate any of them like a tri-bander.
Those trees are just too heavy to move.

BTW, taking this up with your ARRL regional representation is short-sided.
They don't manage all contests. I think this forum is the right place for
the discussion, but only if all the sponsors are listening.

Are they?
Stan Zawrotny, K4SBZ

Real radio bounces off the sky.