Re: [CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone (if you never used it, you just don't

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone (if you never used it, you just don't "get it")
From: Pete Michaelis - N8TR <pete.n8tr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 14:58:14 -0400
From a  2013 contesting.com post:

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dr. DX
Sender: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest-bounces@contesting.com>

The one that N6IA (I think) showed at the ARRL Southwestern Division
convention in the 1980s was the prototype before AEA picked it up and sold
it commercially for use with a C-64.  The prototype looked like a small
radio, with the "antenna" coax leading behind the window curtain.  Those
using it weren't told it was a simulator, making it especially entertaining.

73, Jim N7US