Re: [CQ-Contest] Distributed Contesting

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distributed Contesting
From: Stan Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2020 18:04:24 -0400
This is a topic that is currently being discussed by the State QSO Party
Group. We are seeing stations operating remotely as in-state operators in
several different state QSO parties so that they can make more contacts for
the State QSO Party Challenge.  Some stations are teaming up - "I will let
you use my station for in-house in my state's QSO party if you will let me
use yours during your state's QSO party." Some are piling up the points by
operating in-state in 5-6 different QSO parties.

The SQP Group would prefer that the contest sponsors seek a solution to
this issue. It is obviously too late to prohibit the practice, but the
sponsors need to address the inequity that remote stations have in scoring.

I think the WWROF should take the lead and act promptly.

This is my personal opinion and should not be considered a position of the
SQP Group.

Stan Zawrotny, K4SBZ
Administrator, State QSO Party Group
Stan, K4SBZ