Re: [CQ-Contest] Past Prediction of the Future of Contesting.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Past Prediction of the Future of Contesting.
From: Ben Coleman NJ8J <nj8j@benshome.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 17:57:52 -0400
On 8/24/2021 12:23 AM, Hans Brakob wrote:
Voice recognition technology is not some bleeding edge technology being
pioneered by amateur radio as the world waits for us to prove it out.  Siri has
been doing it for decades.

No experience on Siri, per se, but based on how often I have to repeat things to the Google Assistant, I'm not sure if I'd want to depend on even modern commercial voice recognition for voice skimmer technology.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman nj8j@benshome.net
 "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the