Re: [CQ-Contest] Aging Contesters

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Aging Contesters
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 12:52:32 -0500
Interesting question. I don’t think most of those supplements are more than
hype. If you look at the ingredients, you will see weird grains and
grasses. I’m not saying they couldn’t work, but they are unregulated and
untested. The human mind is amazing and the power of suggestion is
powerful.
That being said, I am a firm believer in vitamin, mineral and amino acid
supplements. I have been taking them since before doctors believed they
were effective. I was also a contester before computers when we had to use
paper dupe sheets. I couldn’t remember who I had worked two calls prior to
the current caller. An expert in nutrition suggested I try DLPA in addition
to the other vitamins I was taking. I started a few days before CQWW DX SSB
and was amazed that I could remember over a hundred calls that I had
worked. This was powerful proof to me that DLPA worked.
Since then (30 years ago) I have continued to take B, C, D, E, Calcium, CO
Q-10, DLPA, and Magnesium, many of which doctors now recommend to stave off
COVID.
As an aside, I have found that if I come into contact with poison ivy and
miss dissolving it’s oil with rubbing alcohol, I can take large doses
(about 8 to 10 grams/day) of vitamin C and it will help limit the rash and
will keep it from getting really bad.
YMMV

Chuck W5PR