Re: [CQ-Contest] A public thanks to CQP (and others who've tossed the MA

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A public thanks to CQP (and others who've tossed the MAR mult away)
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:00:32 -0700
ARRL/RAC section names, with their contesting abbreviations go back a long way, and are chosen on the basis of organizing members within those geographical regions. The definitions for sections and Divisions are on the ARRL website, and when there are more than one Section in a State, are defined by counties they contain.

What those of us on the west coast have long found troubling is the proliferation of sections with relatively low activity that are easy for east coast stations to work, but quite difficult for those of us out here, especially on the lower bands.

73, Jim K9YC